Sunday, April 5, 2009

DIY Customized Lip Palette


It seems to me that every time I try to find a lipstick or concealer I end up with either the near perfect color or a lack of flattering colors which I find that I have a problem with most organic lip products. Making me jealously eye the great selection of nonnatural cosmetics. I know having a natural product is a lot better because lipstick is not only absorbed into the skin but it can be ingested as well yet I can't help but envy the non-natural products in their array of colors and pretty packages!  So I found new way to get the colors I want by mixing my own lip and concealer colors like the makeup pros and putting it all in a cute and convenient lip palette. 

You can do this by slicing off the tops of lip and concealer sticks and smashing them in or melting them over a candle with a spoon or a microwave at ten second intervals (the product should be soft enough to settle in not in the state of boil over). Pour the mixture into a empty lip palette that can be bought online (Japonesque has great lip palettes that come 6, 16, and 36  slots and E.L.F. has palettes that are prices at just $1) or you can  use a cute pillbox. Not only is this a great way to save room in your purse because you'll have a wide range of lip and concealer colors at your finger tips  but it's a great way to organize all of your makeup if you lack the space. And with your new personalized makeup palette you can even arrange separate palettes that contain neutral colors to use for the day or unexpected and bold colors for night. They can even be given out as gifts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment